How to Submit Your Request
If you know that the adoption was conducted by The Children’s Aid Society of the Districts of Sudbury and Manitoulin, and you wish to receive non-identifying information, please submit your request in writing:
The Children’s Aid Society of the Districts of Sudbury and Manitoulin
319 Lasalle Boulevard, Unit 3
To process your request, you will need to provide:
- Photocopy of one piece of identification, such as a birth certificate, passport, driver’s license, or health card.
- Full adopted name.
- Date of birth.
- Adoptive parents’ full names.
- Any birth information you may have, e.g., birth surname.
- Birth relatives must provide the full name of the birth parent(s), their relationship to the adopted person, adoptee’s birth name and date of birth, if known.
Through Service Ontario
If your adoption was finalized in Ontario, adopted adults and birth parents can apply for information at Service Ontario or call Service Ontario toll free at 1-800-461-2156.
Adoptees and their birth relatives can review further options to search for adoption records by contacting Service Ontario. Some additional services include requests for:
- Post-Adoption Birth Information (identifying information)
- Adoption Disclosure Registry (registry for a reunion)
- Obtaining a copy of adoption order
- Filing a disclosure veto for adoption prior to September 1, 2008
- No Contact Notice or Contact Preference
- Request a Severe Medical Search