Steps to Becoming a Volunteer with CASDSM
All volunteers must be at least 18 years of age, with the exception of drivers who must be a minimum of 21 years old.
Steps to becoming a CAS volunteer:
- Complete a volunteer application
- Attend an interview
- Provide three references
- Provide proof of double COVID-19 vaccination
- Provide a Vulnerable Sector Screening Check
- Attend an orientation session
- Attend additional training if required depending on the volunteer position
Please note: At this time, most training takes place virtually, however there are some mandatory training sessions that must be completed in-person.
On average, this process takes six to eight weeks from the date of application. Volunteers who will be driving clients will be required to provide additional documentation.
Orientation sessions run periodically throughout the year.
If you are interested in volunteering with us, please contact our Agency at 705-566-3113 or email email@example.com.