Providing quality service for children, youth, and families is very important to us. If you have a concern or complaint about the services you have received from the Children’s Aid Society, we want to hear about them. Our hope is to work together with you to resolve concerns and improve our service.

If you have a complaint, concern, question or feedback about services you have received from the Children’s Aid Society, there are several ways to be heard. Talk to the caseworker who is helping you or the caseworker’s supervisor. They have the most in-depth knowledge to answer your questions about the service and can work with you to find a resolution. If the concern is not resolved with the caseworker and/or supervisor, you can ask to involve a manager. For complaints involving French language services please refer to the Ombudsman of Ontario.

If your concern has not been resolved to your satisfaction, or if you do not want to first speak to a staff member involved with your or your family, you can request a formal review of your complaint using the following options:

Write a letter to the Children’s Aid Society that includes details of your concerns or complete the Formal Complaint to a Society’s Internal Complaints Review Panel (ICRP) form.

Send your concerns to:

The Children’s Aid Society of the Districts of Sudbury and Manitoulin
Attention: Service Manager of Strategic Initiatives
303 York Street
Sudbury, Ontario, P3E 2A5

Phone: 705-566-3113
Fax: 705-521-7372


We know that it can be difficult to put your concerns in writing and the Children’s Aid Society can provide you with help to write the letter or complete the form. Email us at

Within 7 days of receiving your letter or form, you will be contacted and advised if the Children’s Aid Society’s Internal Complaint Review Panel will be reviewing your concerns.

If the Internal Complaint Review Panel will be reviewing your concerns, you will be invited to a meeting to share your concerns with the Panel. The meeting will be held within 14 days of your letter or form being received. You are welcome to bring support persons with your, as well as a representative of your Band or Indigenous community.

Within 10 days of the meeting with the panel, a letter will be sent to you with the review panel’s decision.

You can also make a complaint to the Child and Family Services Review Board at any time. This means that a complaint can be made directly to the Child and Family Services Review Board either before or during involvement with the Children’s Aid Society’s Internal Complaint Review Panel.

To submit an application to the Child and Family Services Review Board, complete Form 2: Application about Complaints Against a Children’s Aid Society (available here CFSRB: Forms & Filing | Tribunals Ontario) and send to:

Child and Family Services Review Board
15 Grosvenor Street, Ground Floor
Toronto, ON M7A 2G6

Toronto Area: 416-327-0111
Long Distance: 1-888-777-3616
TDD/TTY: Call the Bell Relay Service at 1-800-855-0511

The Children’s Aid Society of the Districts of Sudbury and Manitoulin is committed to promoting privacy and protecting the confidentiality of the personal information we hold about the children, youth, and families we work with.

For more information about how The Children’s Aid Society of the Districts of Sudbury and Manitoulin protects your privacy, refer to our Notice of Information Practices. If you have any questions or concerns about our information practices, we encourage you to ask your case worker to find out more about privacy and your family.

If your privacy questions have not been answered or issues not resolved to your satisfaction, you have the right to make a formal privacy complaint in writing to our Privacy Officer at

If, after contacting us, you feel that your concerns have not been addressed to your satisfaction, you have the right to complain to the Information and Privacy Commissioner of Ontario, who is responsible for making sure that privacy laws are followed in Ontario:

Information and Privacy Commissioner of Ontario
2 Bloor Street East, Suite 1400
Toronto, ON M4W 1A8

Phone: 416-326-3333 or 1-800-387-0073
TDD/TTY: 416-325-7539
Fax: 1-416-325-9195

The Ontario Ombudsman’s Office can also take complaints about services received from a Children’s Aid Society. The Ombudsman has created dedicated units of specialized staff to answer questions, address concerns, conduct investigations, and review complaints:

Office of the Ombudsman of Ontario
483 Bay Street
10th floor, South Tower
Toronto, ON M5G 2C9

Toll-free (inside Ontario only): 1-800-263-1830
Outside Ontario: 416-586-3300
TTY (teletypewriter): 1-866-411-4211
Fax: 416-586-3485

Learn more about your right to complain to a Children’s Aid Society at Submit a complaint about child welfare services |

If you need to talk to a lawyer, call the Office of the Children’s Lawyer at (416) 314-8000

Contact the Office of the Ombudsman 401 Bay Street, Suite 2200 Toronto, Ontario, M5H 2Y4 OR telephone the toll free number 1-800-263-2841, or email If you choose to mail your letter, you may mail the letter yourself or give it to your worker who will see that your letter is mailed to the right government office. OR online at:

Children and Young Persons’ Rights Resource

Children and Youth Services Review Board

Complaints, Compliments & Feedback Form

If you would like to speak with someone directly to make a complaint regarding services that you or your family have received, or if you would like to provide feedback, a compliment, or would like further information regarding the complaint options outlined above, submit your name, contact information, and message. One of our staff will contact you within 7 business days to review your feedback and discuss options.

"*" indicates required fields

Community Partnerships